Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just how Flexible are you?

Something being a military spouse teaches you is to be flexible.  Normally it doesn't matter when my husband's schedule gets all mucked up because I can switch mine around to accommodate it.  But I'm working on my practicum now.  And it makes it much more difficult when military things come up and I have to be flexible.  Thankfully I'm working at a practice with retired military practitioners who understand.  Because not just any site will let you re-arrange your schedule so your husband can test for MSgt.  Or go for some training thing for six weeks.  Or go to a retirement ceremony so that he's on a completely different schedule the next day.  But my site does that and I can't really express how grateful I am to have a site that understands the military family.


Things may get more interesting when I begin working on internship where I'm expected to work more hours.  Whatever the future brings, I'm very grateful for the people I work with.  They have made this slightly unsettling experience a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment